Lunch / Face-Mask

I just tried to spoon-feed a baby for the first time in my life. It is a lot harder than it looks! I've seen the mother doing it, and she somehow manages to get nearly all of it in his mouth, and he looks sort of clean at the end. I kept forgetting to hold his arms, so he was always grabbing the spoon or inserting his fist into his mouth just after I put some food in. I used quite a lot of kitchen paper trying to stop him getting completely coated in his own lunch.

Mind you, I'm not sure I would want that stuff to go in my mouth, either. I was feeding him a sort of porridge, powdered oats stirred into warm water. I tried a bit and you would think it would taste of something, but it really doesn't.

In other baby-related news, I am delighted to report that I have managed to instill in him an appreciation for La Marseillaise. Whenever I sing it to him now he smiles and waves his arms about. It is a great song, so he obviously has taste.

4 comments:

  1. Perhaps it is your excellent singing rather than the tune!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you mention it, that does sound eminently likely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know any Led Zeppelin?

    ReplyDelete